Backorder

Today's blog post is on back order due to unusually high demand on the writer's time and a looming deadline of 7:00 p.m. tonight.  By that magic hour the stack of final exams on my desk must be completely, fairly, and accurately marked and all the results electronically entered into the institution's system.

But, just a quick note.  I was in the store yesterday because I had ten minutes to spare between appointments nearby, and Christmas jingles were being piped over the intercom.  As I browsed quickly through one side of a display, I could hear someone singing along to the music.  The sound moved to the end of the row and I just had to look.  Who was it who was singing in the aisles?  There she was, a very well put together woman appeared around the end of the display rack and the look on her face when she saw me was priceless; she had thought she was alone in the far back corner of the store enjoying her sing- along.  We exchanged a smile and went our separate ways.  I hope she keeps on singing, in fact I might have to start singing too.  Imagine if we all sang along in the stores!  

Comments