Results of Haiku Challenge

The results of the haiku challenge are in.  We threw down the challenge last week and invited anyone who wished to submit a haiku.  I committed to creating a graphic for each haiku you sent in.  I hope you enjoy the results.  Two of the haikus feature photographs taken by the writers.  Lianne Sinclair had the wonder of enjoying a kaleidoscope of Monarch butterflies in recent weeks as the butterflies passed through Ontario.  Yes that's what a group of butterflies is called - I learnt something new and it is so appropriate. Maria Visconte shared a haiku and photos in memory of her brother.  Two books with her brother's name inscribed within, were the bookshelf treasures that brought her sunshine. What an honor to have you share your observations of the world with me instead of the other way around!  You inspired me and I am grateful.

For some of you, it was a fun thing to do.  Others were stretching to share words this way.  I know each of you personally so I have some insider knowledge of where you landed on the spectrum of this is fun, all the way to, God help me I don't know if I can do this.  Life is like that everyday.  Things can be remarkably easy for some people and put the fear of God into others.  And I think we all need to be reminded there is a vice versa to all of that.  No one of us pulls off everything in our lives without an element of uncertainty which requires courage to overcome.  Thank goodness we aren't all petrified or challenged on the same things or nothing would ever happen.

We need each other always.  We need each other to help us along when the uncertainty or the challenge looks too scary.  And we need to cheer for each other in the successes and the attempts.  Who in your sphere who needs your encouragement today and who needs to hear you cheering for them?    

Thank you all for contributing, I had fun and I hope you did too! I will post the individual graphics on Facebook and Instagram.  If you want a copy of your own graphic drop me a note and I will email it to you. 












Comments